Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Bloomington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) is looking for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated part-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator, who is passionate about marketing and the Bloomington/Monroe County community.
Since 1985, the BEDC has been dedicated to enhancing the vitality of our community through the retention, development, and attraction of quality jobs. As the leading economic development organization for all of Monroe County, we are focused on increasing opportunities for all citizens, whether it’s through supporting existing businesses, tackling workforce issues, or fostering entrepreneurial activity.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator would support the mission and brand of the BEDC through the promotion of projects and programs related to the BEDC, Bloomington Technology Partnership, Bloomington Life Sciences Partnership, and B-Start.
Primary responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Develop and implement marketing and/or advertising campaigns
• Track analytics and data on BEDC’s four websites and multiple social media channels
• Maintain promotional materials, including print and electronic brochures and flyers
• Prepare press releases and other reports
• Web content management, social media communication and other marketing and communication
Our ideal applicant will be:
• Some experience in marketing platforms including, but not limited to, MailChimp, Hootsuite, WordPress, Squarespace, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Some experience in design and content development
• Passionate about promoting and enhancing the brand of the BEDC and the greater Bloomington/Monroe County community
• Professional, attentive to detail, and cognizant of working in a confidential environment
• Ability to collaborate with other community organizations
• Interested in Economic and Community Development, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation
• Familiar with the Bloomington/Monroe County community, or a willingness to learn more
• 10-15 hours per week, with some flexibility with work schedule, until December 2017
Hourly Wage: $15/hour
Interested? Send your resume by March 7, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about BEDC: bloomingtonedc.com; BTP: bloomingtontech.com; BLSP: bloomingtonlifesciences.com; B-Start: b-start.org