BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA (August 23, 2012) – In a recent study from the Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business State of 2012, Indiana was named the best place to do business in the Midwest and fifth best nationwide. The study, co-published with the American Economic Development Institute, factors in taxes, human resources, education, energy costs and more to determine the rankings.Indiana’s 5th place ranking makes it the only Midwestern state and the only Northern state in the publication’s top ten. Among neighboring states, Kentucky ranked 28th, Ohio ranked 20th, Michigan ranked 39th and Illinois ranked 48th. Indiana was also listed in the category of Most Improved, which represents those states that have made the most significant three year improvements in terms of creating a pro-business environment. To view the full list and more details, visit here.
Search the News
- Singota Solutions – Focused on Faster
- Bloomington-based Blue Burro sells “Just Fill it Out” Product to ChildCareCRM
- State of the Bloomington Regional Economy Presentation
- Bloomington, Indiana named #19 on Livability’s 2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live Index
- A Midwest Renaissance: Born in Bloomington Indiana, Secretly Group has Gone Global