BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA (August 23, 2012) – In a recent study from the Pollina Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business State of 2012, Indiana was named the best place to do business in the Midwest and fifth best nationwide. The study, co-published with the American Economic Development Institute, factors in taxes, human resources, education, energy costs and more to determine the rankings.Indiana’s 5th place ranking makes it the only Midwestern state and the only Northern state in the publication’s top ten. Among neighboring states, Kentucky ranked 28th, Ohio ranked 20th, Michigan ranked 39th and Illinois ranked 48th. Indiana was also listed in the category of Most Improved, which represents those states that have made the most significant three year improvements in terms of creating a pro-business environment. To view the full list and more details, visit here.
Search the News
- B-Start Applications Open!
- Norwest Invests in Envisage to Accelerate Adoption of the Leading Public Safety Technology Platform
- City of Bloomington Recognized As One of 105 Cities Leading Climate and Sustainability Action Worldwide
- Bloomington Company Hanapin to Merge with London Firm
- BEDC Member Bailey & Weiler Design/ Build named “Builder of the Year”